INTERNATIONAL OPEN CALL- 11th edition
PRISMA FESTIVAL 2022
Submissions for the 11th edition of PRISMA–International Contemporary Dance Festival of Panama to be held in Panama City from October 8th to October 16th, 2022 ARE AVAILABLE.
-Deadline for submissions:
Interested companies, dance groups or independent choreographers should send their proposals (video submissions) by December 31st, 2021 (12:00 midnight Panama time). ONLY THE FIRST 400 PROPOSALS RECEIVED WILL BE CONSIDERED. We suggest sending proposals at your earliest convenience.
We will accept only those applications made via our website: www.festivalprisma.com
Proposals made via e-mail will not be processed.
-Basis for participation:
To be considered, participants must complete our online form and attach via our online platform the following info by December 31st, 2021 (12:00 midnight, Panama time):
- Online Entry Form
- A video of the entire work to be presented (vimeo or youtube / no other formats will be accepted). TRAILERS OR TEASERS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
- Information on the submitted work (choreographer, dancers, interpreters, music, length, technical requirements, etc.)
- Brief bio of the choreographer as well as the company, if applicable
- 3 Photos (high resolution jpeg) of the submitted work
- The Master Class / Workshop proposal (taught at no additional cost)
-Requirement and Observations:
- The length of the work must be between 20 and 60 minutes. Shorter or longer pieces will not be accepted; combining pieces to meet the required length is not an option.
- Proposed pieces can be designed for theater setting or for public/alternative spaces (which in PRISMA include school gyms, metro stations, and museums, among others).
- Each company may submit a maximum of two (2) works for evaluation by the Selection Committee.
- Please be aware that, depending on the submissions and time allocations, the possibility exists for 2-3 works to be presented on the same night.
-Process of Evaluation and Response A 5-member Selection Committee will evaluate submissions received, and we will communicate its decisions to all participating parties on the first week of March. Selected companies/choreographers must confirm their participation on writing by April 30.
The festival will cover the following expenses for participants:
- Professional fees (established by the Festival*)
- Lodging (3 hotel nights in double rooms)
- Per diem for meals and basic expenses for 3 days ($30 /day /participant)
4- Internal transportation (from and to airport, master class, rehearsals, presentations).
* Professional fees payed by the Festival to each company or dance group will be agreed upon beforehand according to the format of the work (solo, duo/trio, group work), will not exceed $4,500 (for groups of 6 or more dancers), and will be handed out as soon as the performance concludes.
The Festival WILL NOT COVER AIRFARE
-Master Classes and Workshops:
Each selected company or group is requested/required to teach one master class or workshop in the Festival’s available spaces, at no extra cost to PRISMA.
Co-Directors & Producers: Analida Galindo and Ximena Eleta de Sierra
Technical Director: José Alexander Morales Carvajal
Panama’s Ministry of Culture, National Tourism Board, the City’s Mayor’s Office, as well as a large number of institutions, embassies, companies and individuals, have sponsored and supported PRISMA.