PRISMA-FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE DANZA CONTEMPORANEA DE PANAMA is a yearly contemporary dance festival held in Panama City, Panama, during the month of October. It is a private initiative by Panamanian dancers Ximena Eleta and Analida Galindo, created with the objective of developing and promoting contemporary dance in Panama.
PRISMA is a week-long series of events which include the following: opening and closing galas by guest international contemporary dance companies; performances by national and international companies/choreographers selected thru our open call; free performances in outdoor or alternative spaces; workshops and master classes by all performers; talks, round tables, screenings and other dance-related activities
PRISMA’s goals are:
- Promote and develop contemporary dance in Panama.
- Stimulate creation within the local community
- Generate a platform for artists and promoters to exchange ideas.
- Contribute to the ongoing education of dancers, choreographers and technicians
- Contribute to the creation of a critical and knowledgeable audience
PRISMA has two methods of selecting its featured companies:
Open call: A jury panel selects the works to be presented.
Invitation: The festival directors invite companies for the opening and closing galas.
Starting in our second edition we have created LABORATORIO PRISMA to showcase the work in progress of local choreographers, as a way of promoting local creation.
Applicants by the numbers