PRISMA Foundation was established in 2014 as a non-profit organization devoted to the promotion and development of contemporary dance in Panamá through different activities, being PRISMA International Contemporary Dance Festival of Panamá its main initiative.
The goals of the PRISMA foundation are:
- Promote and develop contemporary dance in Panama in all of its aspects.
- Encourage local creation in the field of contemporary dance.
- Generate a platform for the coming together of artists and promoters of different nationalities.
- Contribute to the education process of dancers, choreographers, and technicians through an extensive program of workshops, master classes, and talks.
- Contribute to the creation of a critical audience mass and to creating a taste for contemporary dance.